Laser Hair Removal Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Gentle Max Pro Laser Hair Removal Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Patient cooperation is essential to ensure the success of laser treatments. Patients need to follow explicit directions with regards to tanning, other hair removal methods and topical agents. If you wish to book a laser hair removal treatment, you can do so here.
- NO TANNING, SUNLESS TANNING OR TANNING BEDS. Tanning should be avoided for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. Self-tanning creams and sprays need to completely fade. Sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 should be applied generously 20 minutes before sun exposure during treatment period.
- AVOID CERTAIN MEDICATIONS. Medicated Creams (examples include Glycolic, Tretinoin, Retinol and some Antibiotics) that make you photosensitive should be stopped one week prior to treatment.
- NO FACIAL PEELS OR LASTER SKINCARE TREATMENTS. No peels or strong skin care treatments for two weeks before and after laser treatments.
- NO WAXING, TWEEZING, BLEACHING, TREADING OR OTHER HAIR FOLLICLE REMOVAL TECHNIQUES. Lasers target the pigment melanin in the hair beneath the surface of the skin. Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, thread or use depilatory agents before, during or after your treatment. Shaving is the only recommended hair removal method when performing laser hair removal.
- NO LOTIONS, CREAMS MAKE-UP OR DEODORANT ON AREA TO BE TREATED. Please come for your treatment with clean skin that is void of any lotions, creams, makeup, and deodorant as these agents obstruct or refract laser light negatively and decrease the effectiveness of the treatment.
Post treatment instructions:
Immediately after treatment there may be mild redness and swelling at the treatment site, which could last up to 2 hours or longer. Redness can last up to 2-3 days. Treated area may feel like a sunburn. Anywhere from 5- 20 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and will appear as new hair growth. This is not new hair growth.
- COOLING WITH ICE. Apply ice in 15-20 minute intervals for the first few hours after treatment to reduce any discomfort or swelling. If redness or swelling persists, ice can be used in 15-minute intervals 3-4 times a day for 3 days.
- MAKE-UP IS SAFE. Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is blistering.
- AVOID SUN EXPOSURE. Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher must be applied when in sunlight.
- NO PICKING/SCRATCHING TREATED AREAS. Do not use any other hair removal treatment products or services (waxing, electrolysis, or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle in the treatment area.
- GENTLE WASHING. Wash the treated area with cool or lukewarm water and pat dry for 3 days after treatment. Do not scrub and avoid very hot water for the first day.For more information about My Haven Laser Spa & Massage, you can read up on us here.