Laser Vein Lesion Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Gentle Max Pro Laser Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Patient cooperation is essential to ensure the success of laser treatments. Patients need to follow explicit directions with regards to tanning, other hair removal methods and topical agents.
- Your skin should be completely clean and dry prior to treatment. Remove or omit application of any skin care products on the day of treatment.
- AVOID THE SUN-The area to be treated should not be exposed to sun 4- 6 weeks prior to treatment. If you are in the sun during this time you should defer treatment until a later time.
- Treatment of tanned skin may cause blistering or possible hypo-pigmentation which may last for 3-6 months.
- Avoid using tanning creams, spray tans, or any type of temporary pigmented creams prior to treatment.
- Patients who have a darker skin type (V-VI) may have an increased risk of hypo-pigmentation (white spots) or hyperpigmentation (dark spots). Consult your provider.
- Patients with a history of the following conditions may not be good candidates for laser treatment and should consult their primary care provider when considering treatment:
- Diabetic patients or patients with poor circulation
- Patients who have a history of poor healing
- Patients who take a blood thinner, such as coumadin or aspirin
- Patients who are taking high doses of iron may have an increased risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Patients typically tolerate this procedure well.
- Using the topical anesthetic such as EMLA / LMX-.4 may constrict blood vessels and is NOT recommended.
POSTOPERATIVE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- The heat from the laser pulses may be slightly uncomfortable during and immediately following treatment. Cold gel packs/ice can be applied to reduce discomfort.
- You may also apply ice and elevate you legs to decrease discomfort, especially when large areas are treated.
- Tylenol is recommended for any pain, as needed.
- AVOID THE SUN-completely after treatment to reduce hyperpigmentation. Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 zinc oxide or titanium dioxide with UV A/B sunblock.
- Check with your provider about the possibility of using a daily moisturizer.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours after treatment. Consult your provider.
- Compression stockings may or may not be recommended by your provider.
- TEST SPOTS: Wait 8 weeks to see if the treatment was effective. Your provider will evaluate treatment response or side effects at the follow up visit.
- FULL TREATMENT: Wait at least 8 weeks before the next treatment as resolution of the vessels continues throughout this entire period. Your provider may have you wait even longer between treatments.
- Your leg veins may appear bruised or darker red following treatment. This discoloration will fade over the next few weeks. Brown discoloration may take several months to fade.You can visit the following links to learn more about our laser skin treatments and laser hair removal services.